- 2 C almond butter (this will be more than 1 jar depending on size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C beet sugar (this and the maple syrup are paleo-ish/primal, steer clear of this recipe if you are doing strict 30 day challenge, otherwise this should be a treat)
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz unsweetened dark chocolate
- Optional: 1/2 C chocolate chips (I found a dairy/soy free brand at whole foods called Enjoy Life)
- Melt chocolate on a double boiler or in the microwave and set-aside to cool for several minutes. This is important. If you melt the chocolate directly on the stove it will burn and taste bad
- Mix all ingredients together (except any optional additions) with an electric mixer. Smash the banana before adding.
- Spoon into a coconut oil greased (lighly, I wipe it on with a paper towel) cupcake/muffin pans. I'm sure you could do it in a pan and slice once cooled but I like it this way since they are already portioned out! Side note, a lot of Paleo deserts I have tried tend to crumble if you try to fuss with them too much (such as cut into pieces). This is why I like to use muffin pans a lot.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15
- Cool before removing from tin.
Hope you enjoy!
P.S. This is my kitchen assistant, Minnie. RNCF mascot, anyone?