Another day, another recipe incorporating cocoa powder (100% cacao) into recipes that aren't deserts. On its own, cocoa powder is warm, slightly bitter, and not at all sweet. I absolutely love the flavor of this cauliflower! A perfect compliment to any meat, we ate it with Italian sausage because that is what was defrosted. Chicken or steak would also be good.
- 1 head fresh cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa (100% cacao)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove core of cauliflower and break into florets. Place florets in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix the paprika, salt, cocoa, pepper and garlic with a fork. Add coconut oil and microwave for 15-20 seconds until the oil is melted and the spices smell delish
- Drizzle the spiced oil over the cauliflower in the bowl, then toss with two large spoons until well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender and brown.