Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crockpot Honey Ginger Apple Pork and Mashed Cauliflower

This recipe has easy and delicious written all over it. My mom is in town and was seriously impressed. She usually is the one doing the cooking (or burning) and I'm the one eating! I'm going to make this short and sweet since she is slowly trying to sneak out with Minnie....she calls her "my granddog." Now you see where I get it.


Ingredients
Crockpot Honey Ginger Apple Pork
  • 2.5-ish lb pork shoulder roast
  • 1 yellow onion, sliced
  • 3 apples, cored and sliced
  • 2/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
  • 1 bay leaf
Mashed Cauliflower
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon ghee
  • dried chives, salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
  • Get out your crockpot.
  • Add your broth, then onions, then pork, then apples, then all your spices, garlic, honey, ginger, salt/pepper, and bay leaf.
  • Cover.
  • Cook for 8-10 hours on low.

  • For the cauliflower, roast it with the garlic for 30 minutes at 350 on a cookie sheet, mix all ingredients together in a bowl with an immersion blender (or a regular blender, or a food processor) and season as needed
  • Enjoy!

adapted from paleomg
When the boyfriend was done, he said "WOW, I ate so fast it was like I was WOD'in that pork" Yes, I luff heem!


1 comment:

  1. This was wonderful and I love that you can put it together the night before and then put it on as you walk out the door the next morn.Come home to a great meal and a wonderful aromatic home. I went shopping all day and came home to another great meal, that I didn't cook. Marvelous! Thank you Gina

    ReplyDelete