Crockpot Honey Ginger Apple Pork
- 2.5-ish lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 apples, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- dried chives, salt and pepper to taste
- Get out your crockpot.
- Add your broth, then onions, then pork, then apples, then all your spices, garlic, honey, ginger, salt/pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- For the cauliflower, roast it with the garlic for 30 minutes at 350 on a cookie sheet, mix all ingredients together in a bowl with an immersion blender (or a regular blender, or a food processor) and season as needed
|adapted from paleomg|
When the boyfriend was done, he said "WOW, I ate so fast it was like I was WOD'in that pork" Yes, I luff heem!