This recipe produces fluffy chewy cookies. I used chocolate chunks that I had at home (Enjoy Life brand is gluten, dairy, and soy free) but next time, I think mini chocolate chips would be better for more even chocolate distribution within the cookie. If you like a more crisp cookie, I would skip this recipe. Unlike traditional cookie dough, where the longer you bake them the more crunchy they get, these just burn.
Also, watch the oven closely! I made two cookie sheets worth and one came out perfect, the other was slightly burned on the bottom. I am not sure if the cookie sheets conducted heat differently/faster or what...but stay close to the oven because burnt almond flour is bitter!
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil,
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3 cup Almond Flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with coconut milk.
Recipe from Primal Palate