- 3 16oz bags frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 large eggs
- Be sure to squeeze ALL the excess water from the defrosted spinach. When you think you have squeezed all the water out, keep squeezing! Watery spinach = mushy muffins = sad Popeye
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil. Toss the onion in the pan and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Crumble the meat into the pan, add the garlic, salt, black and cayenne pepper, and cook until the meat is browned. Stir in the spinach until it's combined. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the eggs in a small bowl with a fork, and when the meat is cool, add the eggs to the meat. The easiest way to combine everything is with clean hands.
- Place muffin papers in a 12-count muffin pan. Pack the batter into a half cup measurer then transfer it into the muffin pan. Use your hands to pack the spinach tightly into the muffin paper.This process is messy.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, until muffins are set.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
|Recipe from Well Fed|