Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

I promise I make things other than chili and pumpkin baked goods, but with this beautiful fall weather we have been having, can you really blame me? I get really REALLY into the holidays, and am already getting super excited for all the Thanksgiving and holiday creations that are in store for the upcoming season!

I loved the way this pumpkin bread turned out, and my fiance has already requested that I make another batch. I have a jazzed-up variation in my mind, but you'll have to wait and see what that is...(if it turns out as good as I dream it to be)

 

Ingredients
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbls cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 cup pureed pumpkin
4 Tbls honey
6 eggs
 
Instructions
  1. In a food processor combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and spices
  2. Add pumpkin, honey,  and eggs and pulse for 2 minutes (this can also be achieved with a hand mixer if you don't have a food processor, but you should really get one!)
  3. Scoop batter into a loaf pan, or two mini loaf pans. I used this one.
  4. Bake at 350 F for 35-45 minutes
  5. Let cool for 1 hour before removing from pan
  6. Slice and serve

 
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! Added 1/2 cup of dark choc chips to mine- so yummy!!! Thanks RNPG!!

    ReplyDelete