These cookies are very simple to make, and are not very sweet at all (in a good way). My fiance said that these would be great for breakfast, too! I may have to see if his theory holds true tomorrow morning. I love the soft and nutty flavor, and these would be perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
2 large apples, cored and cut into eighths (the sweeter the better)
2 cups blanched, slivered almonds
2 tsp coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbls of cinnamon
1 Tbls of honey (use more for a sweeter cookie)
1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
A pinch of salt
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Using the shredder disc in a food processor, shred the apples
3. Measure out 2 cups of shredded apples and set aside in a large bowl
4. Replace the shredding disc with the regular chopping blade in the food processor and add the almonds, cinnamon, vanilla, and melted coconut oil.
5. Pulse everything until it is coarsely ground
6. Combine the apples, almonds, coconut, and salt in the largebowl and stir to combine
7. Add the eggs and honey, stir everything until it is mixed evenly
8. Use a small ice cream scoop (or a large spoon) to evenly place the dough on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. *The parchment paper is important, it will stick to your cookie sheet if you don't.
9. Lightly flatten the dough into evenly sized cookies with your hands.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating cookie sheet half way through, take them out when the edges begin to brown and your house smells like heaven
11. Cool on a rack for 20 minutes before enjoying.
|Recipe adapted from NomNomPaleo|